Tuesday, August 11, 2015

My Summer back in the States

I was very fortunate to be able to head back to the States when the girls got out of school.  We quite literally left the same day.  Kids made it home from school half day and off to rest for our 11pm departure for our 2 am flight.  (Details are a bit cloudy now)  

We spent a very quick month with my mom - who I believe has OCD.  So you can imagine the chaos of my family - 2 messy girls and my 'organized' self - to her 'over clean' everything self.  We were a happy coupledom for a month!  (I LOVE YOU MOM!!!)  It really was good just to have lazy days with her and I am sure she was happy on the days we were away from the house.  :)

I was able to see most of the neighbors.  We spent time with the Nelson's.  How I have missed them so much.  I missed the bon fires at night.  The kids getting together.  Vacations.  Talking about everything with them.  




We were there to cheer Bruce during his Triathlon!!!

We were also able to see the Armstrong's.  This is the family that I car pooled with before I came to India.  Well in my short months that I have been in India.  The eldest Armstrong is taller than me and the the second eldest is .25 inches away.  REALLY?!?!?  They are a fun family and my kids love to spend time with their kids.  The Armstrong hubby makes the best drinks so you can understand why this is a 'hot' spot for me to visit.  Must keep nice with the neighbors!

I hope this young lady realizes how much my young ladies look up to her!  Love you M!


Need I say more?


Lastly and certainly not least are the Winchip family.  Many know that Mr. Winchip and I like to throw on the tool belt and fix things.  (Let me be honest - it is more like him fixing and me just providing moral support)  So this short stay did not disappoint.  We fixed a fence, a closet (sorry Winchip's had to throw that one in), a door, a gutter and I am sure I am missing some other things.  It was nice to get the DIY in.  In India - I find it hard to put the DIY hat on.  I don't have all my 'stuff' with me to do it and I am not entirely sure where to go to get supplies.  



Little Winchip sweeping my drive way

The walk to the pool!


There were others we spent time with.  Allen's, Fritts's, Miss Di, Miss Gayle, Dara, Anderson's and my girl's friends . . . .and my Small Group!!!  Oh. . small group!  It was so great to see all of you in ONE place!  How I miss your fellowship and LAUGHING with you all.  Laughter is a great gift!

(I did miss hanging with J - my thrifting buddy.  NEXT TIME!!!)

Besides filling up my social calendar - I was able to spend time with a pretty influencial lady in my life. . . .my mom.  She is the lady that really counts!  :)  




She is the best!  She hasn't changed much.  She is still her busy self - tending to her garden and yard, cleaning her house. . . .and now - having to put up with me and my brood!  Truth.  She wouldn't have it any other way.  She loves to cook for people - that is her way of showing she cares.  I never had a chance in my youth to be skinny. I mean, when ones mom cooks to say 'I LOVE YOU' - How can I NOT eat?!?!?  So I blame my mom. . . . .:)
I am very luck to have a happy mom.  I notice that some people when they get older - get meaner.  Not my mom.  She is still nice.  She has never been as outgoing as me (I get that from my dad) but she has always been kind.  Kindness just ROCKS!!!  
Can't say enough about Madre.  I hope I can have her energy as I 'mature'.  :)
So blessed to have her!







No comments:

Post a Comment